well… i learned a little something about myself this week… well actually my assistant “A-cups” brought it to my attention…
she started with…“of all the places ive ever worked… you certainly have your own ideas about how to properly stock an office supply closet” she went on to say….something along the lines of… never before having to go to Neiman Marcus to “re-stock” the office supplies….
evidently (and how would i know???) not all supply closets feature the same items…personally… i think it just depends on your type of work…. but…since we have been moving our office ….we did a little inventory:
- Three shades of Chanel Nail Polish (vamp, noir, and shanghai red)….
- Emergency Aqua Ban…
- Emergency stash of valium
- Two pair of Lucky Brand Jeans
- Two Johnson Motors Inc. T Shirts
- Various bottles of assorted hotel shampoos/conditioners/lotions etc..
- One black Kenneth Cole swim suit
- STACKS of Paper Source Luxe Blush flat cards and envelopes
- One bottle of eyelash adhesive (no eyelashes…must be time to re-order)
- One bottle of Chanel No. 5
- Several Strobe Lights (dont ask)
- A stack of “why not Kinky in 2006″ bumper stickers
- A few ladies “intimates” …boom chika wah wah…
- Two Sage and Citrus electric room scents..my office smells wicked good
- One red table cloth
- One spare case of Voss water… sparkling
- One pair of pointy black stilettos
- One pair of puma sneakers
- One pair of strappy sandles
- Five pages of Mendez vs. Westminster first class stamps
- Stacks of cool cds including: steve earle, johnny cash, thievery corp, my life with the thrill kill kult, marilyn manson, beck, old 97’s and heather nova…
- One vintage racing helmet
- One Medium Black Overnight Bag
- One small guitar amp
- One case of Letter sized premium multi purpose paper
- One box of yellow highlighters
- One box of pens
- One toner cartridge…. that we have NO IDEA what machine it might go in…
- Two small sesow paintings
I explained to her that i only know what supplies it takes for ME to function..i have no idea what IBM considers a properly stocked supply closet…
What i am sure of….is..
that if we had what i can only imagine are more “traditional” supplies in our closet…
we wouldnt have to go to Office Depot almost every day….
office depot isnt THAT bad… i dont mind going…
its worth it…. to be able to say…
“sure… i can be on that flight to the bahamas tonight”
some things that are more important than efficiency….